New watercolour painting: garden (as seen from my studio)

Well, it's been quite a long time in creating - started in Summer, nearly finished in Autumn, finally finished in Winter. The season shown is the end of Autumn - I loved painting the fine tracery of tree trunks and bare branches in the distance. In fact, I loved painting all of it. Now, can't wait for Summer to enjoy the real garden again.

12 Comments to New watercolour painting: garden (as seen from my studio):

Jo on 24 March 2013 05:01
What an incredibly beautiful garden and painting! Hope you find the time once the weather improves to sit and enjoy it (together with the mermaid.

Marcia on 24 March 2013 13:56
Thanks, Jo! We'll need a Summer better than the last wet one to really enjoy it. Here's hoping! Re the mermaid: she had a minor setback last week. I'm working on her tail and when I went to unwrap it from the plastic that keeps it moist and workable from week to week, I found the thin part at the bottom had dried quicker than the rest and had begun to curl up. Without thinking, I pushed it flat - whereupon it broke. So -o, last week I laboriously made her a new tail which is a blessing in disguise because it is better than the first one. Still, a lot of work to do, but it is fun. Attaching the pieces to a panel at completion without breakage, will be a challenge.

Gina Kuperberg on 24 March 2013 13:31
oh, oh, oh! I LOVE it!!!!!

Marcia on 24 March 2013 23:54
I'm happy with it, too, Ginsi - I know it makes you homesick for London. You said you wanted shades of pink and purple and I've done this with a bit of artistic license.

Rosalie Segal on 24 March 2013 18:06
This one might be one of your best yet. I love the colours and incredible detail of the beautiful trees. How big is the painting? Jonathan was just saying the other day how much he loves the fireworks painting. Maybe post that one on the blog as well??

Marcia on 24 March 2013 23:48
Rosie, the painting is about A3 size - really glad you like it. I'll make you a print on special Hahnemuhle paper on my new A3 printer. It will be experimental but hopefully will turn out as well as the A4 prints on this paper.

Gilda on 24 March 2013 22:23
Absolutely beautiful, Marce. I can imagine myself there again. Hope you do get wonderful weather to enjoy it. And what a big shame about the mermaid tail breakage. Still as you say, you can make it even better.

Marcia on 24 March 2013 23:40
Thanks, Gil! Wish you were here so we could have tea together in the garden. Maybe next year?

Devi on 25 March 2013 08:20
This is just gorgeous! Such a beautiful garden in real life and now you have captured the glory for eternity! I love it!

Marcia on 25 March 2013 09:23
'captured the glory for eternity' - wow - thank you, Dev!

Danny on 30 March 2013 18:24
This is all so cool. You never get old, mum, just more creative... The watercolour view from our balcony is just stunning. Loads of love, Dan x

Marcia on 30 March 2013 19:20
Glad you like it, Dan! Thanks for commenting. Your website is pretty cool as well - and you, too get more creative all the time (also without getting old!).