Change of scene/ Japanese Lady /Batman and the Meercats

What a change to the view from my studio!

Today I ventured out in the snow to my painting group, a short distance from my home. Instead of the usual contingent of about fifteen there were only five present and we all left early as many side roads become very slippery late in the afternoon - cowards one and all!

I'm working on a painting of a Japanese lady  but brought my watercolour art box in my rush to get out instead of my acrylics box. Stupidly I added some gouache into the lady's clothing and it looks awful (the pink bits at the bottom of the painting) so I guess I'll paint over it with acrylic later. Bit of a wasted trip but the tea and biscuits were nice.

I enjoy the stimulation of working in a group and the same applies to Ceramics - where I'm headed tomorrow - weather permitting.

Another little art job about to be done is adapting my grandson's birthday card into a Batman birthday card (Batman has taken the place of Fireman Sam and Bob the Builder in his affections).

Here is the original.

And here's the new card.
Hope he likes it.

12 Comments to Change of scene/ Japanese Lady /Batman and the Meercats:

Gina on 15 January 2013 01:13
LOVE this. Can't believe that you have a blog! Japanese lady is incredible.

Marcia on 15 January 2013 10:20
Glad you like Japanese Lady despite her current shortcomings which need urgent fixing. She was only begun because I did not feel like working on the garden watercolour painting, "commissioned " by you. Keep readin' the blogs - makes it worthwhile to know that they are not just going into a black hole!

Gina on 15 January 2013 01:14
Bat-Rafi!!! He'll love it!

Jo on 15 January 2013 02:10
The special card you have created for Rafi is indeed, very "special" and am sure he will love it. Methinks you could create a separate business designing such cards for individuals. In fact, I remember receiving one of your unique cards 40 years ago congratulating me on my uni results. It was on grey cardboard and started with the words "if I were a bell I'd be ringing..." A small, thoughtful gesture from you but gave me such joy.

Marcia on 15 January 2013 10:22
Just posted it a few minutes ago so that hopefully it will get to him on his birthday which is tomorrow, 16th.

Jan Izard on 15 January 2013 08:46
Marcie - what a joy to browse thru your lovely website. Its like entering a sweet shop as a young child and not knowing what to look at first! You are so talented and creative - is there no end to the strings on your bow!! C U at art class.....

Marcia on 15 January 2013 10:23
Thanks so much, Jan. Appreciate your kind comment. You are very talented - all your paintings are great!

Marcia on 15 January 2013 18:13
Jo, it gives me a lovely feeling that you loved that card so much - and still remember it! Wouldn't it be nice if Rafi recalls his special birthday card in years to come? I do enjoy adapting existing cards to make them 'special' for the person concerned; it's really easy - but quite honestly I don't think customers would be prepared to pay what it would cost. Probably the fun would go out of it if it was for money.

Deviani on 15 January 2013 20:58
Love the website and the blog! Looking forward to seeing more of your fabulous creations!

Marcia on 15 January 2013 21:23
Dev, your wish is granted! You'll see more creations - nice of you to call them fabulous. Just keep visiting - I post a new blog every day. I look forward to your comments on any topic.

Gloria Ssali on 30 January 2013 13:25
What a wonderful site particularly enjoyed seeing your beautiful jewellery creations they are so delicate and so decorative and so delightful. It is also nice to see the webpage growing so beautifully !!!

Marcia on 30 January 2013 14:44
Gloria, I really appreciate your comments on my jewellery as you're an artist and ceramicist. Love your fabulous pots and look forward to uploading some images of some that are finished.