Planning and Doing: making abstract glass pendants

Today I completed what I planned yesterday, four new oval pendants:  highly glazed greeny-black ones with amber flowers. I've uploaded their details into the Pendant section. They'd go nicely with the leaf earrings.

Each one is subtly different in design, seen in the leaf designs worked into the glaze. They'd look great on fabrics or knits of green, gold, beige.

Also began the first stage of my abstract melted glass pendants - rolling out and shaping the clay and texturing the outside.

They're wrapped in cling wrap for the moment so they don't dry out. Next step will be cutting thin squares of clay to mount these shapes so that I can fix a hole for the chain or cord. Maybe I'll do that tonight.

Can't wait to begin the painting and glazing process!

7 Comments to Planning and Doing: making abstract glass pendants:

Rosalie Segal on 13 January 2013 20:02
Wow! Love the view, it must be so great to look out the window while working and get all that natural inspiration.

Marcia on 14 January 2013 16:51
Thank you for your comment, Rosie! Yes, the view is really lovely - I must remember not to spend too much time gazing out of the window and get on with the job in hand. Take a look at the view today - somewhat different!

Gilda on 13 January 2013 22:12
It is indeed a great picture of your view. Lovely for you to have all your materials in the one spot. What a creative sister! It is an excellent idea to show the process as you do it with your glass pendants.

Marcia on 14 January 2013 16:56
Thanks for your comment, Gil. Still spending too much time looking out of the window but I can be forgiven because the view has changed so much overnight! Yes, it is good to show the process as I go along when making the new glass pendants (even though I don't necessarily know in which direction I'm heading!) as I know I too like to look at step by step processes in other peoples' creative work.

Jo on 14 January 2013 08:47
Tres interesting and exciting to see an artist at work! Very impressed with your website and wish I could have joined you both at the craft fair (although weather looks very cold). All the best to two very talented "gals". A huge global market awaits you.

Marcia on 14 January 2013 17:14
Jo - I'm delighted that you've visited my site and even more that you've made a comment. It was fun with Rosie at the West Hampstead craft fair but on the chilly side - a bit different to the temperatures you're experiencing in Oz right now. Love the thought of you being there with us! As for the 'global market' - ha! ha! - first thing is to attract visitors to my site - so keep on looking and replying to blogs! Others out there. . .I'd love to hear from you!

Marcia on 25 March 2013 10:03
Thanks so much for your kind comments! Visit again, I'll be using more melted glass in various ways and will post about it.