great sales & feedback from recent craft fairs!

West Hampstead Xmas '12 Craft Fair. Selling jewellery and artwork.First fair: West Hampstead Xmas market/fair - shared a table with Rosie. We were lucky with the weather, cold but bright and sunny. Although the stalls themselves were covered, the fair was outside, so we took care to dress warmly.

Rosie showed her beautiful bead jewellery and I showed my new ceramic jewellery and a few pieces of art - aboriginal style wooden tiles and digital prints of Lady of the Lake (acrylic), Honey the Hamster (watercolour) and Teddy the Bear (pastel). Sold Honey and the aboriginal tile. I nearly sold out of my little handpainted Xmas tree earrings and glittering Xmas tree brooches and made some more for my next fair. Rosie sold really well, too. Particularly popular were her wire pendants. As we are newbies at fairs, we felt pleased with our efforts.

The second fair was held by Harrow College where I was teaching until recently. I am now learning ceramics. The fair's purpose was to give PR to the college and show off some of the art produced in the Art Department - some ceramics, lamps made by 3D students and Tshirts designed by students.  I sold even more at this fair than at West Hampstead. I was delighted that a number of my pendants sold- Dolly pendant, heart pendants, ovals and flowers. Customers went for the Xmas tree earrings as before, Xmas tree brooches and also some of the very recently finished flower earrings. Yay!

Pink Dolly Pendant. Price £15.00We'll do more fairs in the future, but for the moment I think I'll concentrate on building up stock - creating more earrings, possibly some stud ones as I haven't done those yet. I'll also think more about making more matching sets of earrings and pendants.

Life is really full after retirement! I still miss teaching Art & Design but filling my days with creation rather than teaching is even better!

14 Comments to great sales & feedback from recent craft fairs!:

Gina on 23 December 2012 00:56
wow - you sold Honey! The hamster lives for eternity :)!

Marcia on 23 December 2012 12:21
Yes, Honey's liquid black eyes attracted passers by, and a woman bought Honey for her little girl who loves hamsters. Honey lives on!

annalise on 23 December 2012 01:01
I like them. They're pretty and creative!

Marcia on 23 December 2012 12:25
So glad you like my designs, Annalise! It's good to get praise from other artists such as yourself. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Gilda on 31 December 2012 04:08
I love your ceramic jewellery Marce. I also love the beautiful, vividly colourful creations of your tiles and Rosie's additions. Many congratulations.

Marcia on 01 January 2013 13:24
It's lovely to think of someone in far away Japan wearing my earrings!

Rosalie Segal on 31 December 2012 11:53
My friend Tali who bought the Christmas earrings for her daughter Mai who is living in Japan really loved them.

Marcia on 01 January 2013 13:27
Rosie, I accidentally replied with a comment meant for you but sent it to Gilda, who, by the way, loves the site and our mutual artworks.

jackie simmonds on 09 January 2013 12:23
Well done with this excellent website Marcia, you are really creative and have such wonderful, positive energy! So glad to have met you! Jackie

Marcia on 10 January 2013 10:00
Thank you, Jackie. Without sounding too much like a mutual admiration society, I'd like to say the same to you! I love both your pastel art and your ceramic creations which are inspirational. After visiting your home at your recent 'open studio and garden' day, I couldn't resist going yet again to my nearest art shop (Triumph) to stock up on more pastels. If you visit my site again maybe you'll see the result of this (just maybe... because this new art of ceramics is eating into my painting time!). Btw, I've now added some model shots to show off the pendants a bit better, and will add more soon.

Jung Ju Seo on 22 January 2013 19:32
Lovely website! Hope this is a beginning of something greater!!!

Marcia on 22 January 2013 23:17
Thank you, Jung Ju! Let's hope so! Did you see your heads image on the 'Tuesday is Ceramics Day' blog? They are lovely!

Solly on 03 February 2013 20:56
Best arts and crafts I've seen for along time !

Marcia on 03 February 2013 22:40
So glad you like my arts and crafts, Solly! Keep visiting my site and blog - I post every other day and I really appreciate your comments.